For as long as I can remember, I told people "I can't run." But in March of 2009, I decided that this was no longer an option. From my first 5K to my second half marathon, I've endured my highest highs and lowest lows as an official Runner. This year I want to embrace running for something beyond times and distances.

Running is so much more than merely getting out there. I want to get out there and love it.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 3

Whew! Well today was the first of 1min/3min (for 16mins)...and a bit of a doozie! My legs were really tired and stiff. I think I'm still recooping from the ice skating on Saturday...that did a number on my legs for sure! Heading into the last interval, I had to stop at Kilbourn and this older woman asked me about my shoes. She used to run before her knees got bad (something have to look forward to!), so she asked me a few other questions. Before the light changed, she told me to keep up the good work! Well, I was at that 12 min mark and was supposed to walk from 12 to 13, but a. I had been resting at the stoplight for about a minute, and b. I felt stupid walking across the street after our inspirational talk! So I ran all of the last four minutes! It wasn't so bad! The important thing is that I was in a super shitty mood upon getting home, and the run made me feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment