For as long as I can remember, I told people "I can't run." But in March of 2009, I decided that this was no longer an option. From my first 5K to my second half marathon, I've endured my highest highs and lowest lows as an official Runner. This year I want to embrace running for something beyond times and distances.

Running is so much more than merely getting out there. I want to get out there and love it.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

whoops!!

I'm a total idiot! I skipped to week 5?? For some reason I thought I was already doing walk 1/run 5 for 24 minutes and that is SO not the case! But at least I know I can do it?? VERY labored though...and here I thought it was because I was dehydrated...which I completely am with those four beers last night. In any case, the run started off pretty stiff, but within the first 5 minutes, I felt perfect! Then in the last 10 minutes I really took a turn for the exhausted!! But in the last 2, there was this chick I ended up being ahead of and I was determined NOT to let her pass me, so I hauled ass the rest of the way home :) Anyway, Friday I'm back to the walk 1/run 4 for 20 minutes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment