For as long as I can remember, I told people "I can't run." But in March of 2009, I decided that this was no longer an option. From my first 5K to my second half marathon, I've endured my highest highs and lowest lows as an official Runner. This year I want to embrace running for something beyond times and distances.

Running is so much more than merely getting out there. I want to get out there and love it.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 5

So I've almost concluded the halfway point to my first 10 week stage! I'm definitely noticing a ton of improvement too. Just yesterday, as I was running, I recalled years ago when I'd try and go out...and just the intense struggle there. And I know the more minutes I add on, the better I'll get. Makes me feel great!!

Tuesday's run was decent...I went pretty fast and had to run in 3428934 mi/per hour winds UPHILL for at least half of it, so that was a little rough. But I do like those more difficult terrain/weather days simply because I think it trains me a little better than an "easy" run would.

On Wednesday my knee hurt pretty bad though and I had to sport the old Ace. I wasn't able to take Monica's "keep leg elevated" advice Tuesday night because I spent an hour and a half cooking PB&J drumsticks :)

Yesterday's run was fast again, but my legs/knee didn't hurt at all! I took Monica's advice of stretching five minutes in and it helped a lot!! I did have some breathing issues, but it was more sharp upper GI pains...and I KNOW it was due to the beer, wine, and popcorn I had ingested only hours prior to the run ;) I would NOT do that under normal circumstances of course! Then, all evening I tried to keep my leg up, and it helped a ton because today my knee barely feels bad at all. No Ace or anything!

So I imagine my final Week 5 run will be tomorrow morning...love the Saturday morning runs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment